Film Language
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Language of Cinematography and Language of Mise-en-Scenes

+8
kashiro925
cerozero
prljwlldnr
jheraldnotarte
Admin
vonpusing21
judedominguiano
SisonJustin
12 posters
Go down
SisonJustin

Language of Cinematography and Language of Mise-en-Scenes Empty Language of Cinematography and Language of Mise-en-Scenes

Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:56 am
Language of Cinematography

The ‘language’ of cinematography is certainly something you need to understand if you are going to move forward with your career. This language includes not just phrases and terminology (though I’ll touch on those in this post) but also your lens choice and camera blocking.

Mise-en-scene (pronounce as “mee-zan-sen”) is French for “to put in the scene/picture”. This aspect of him includes everything that appears before the camera within a shot. It can include: costume and props, set/location, lightings and color design, make-up, acting, CGI (or computer-generated imagery), and how these elements are placed together in the frame. Like deconstructing posters, semiotic analysis can be done on any given shots or sequence from a film.
judedominguiano
guru

Language of Cinematography and Language of Mise-en-Scenes Empty Re: Language of Cinematography and Language of Mise-en-Scenes

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:44 pm
what is the cheapest camera you can suggest in doing cinematography?
vonpusing21
guru

Language of Cinematography and Language of Mise-en-Scenes Empty Re: Language of Cinematography and Language of Mise-en-Scenes

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:33 pm
How does utilizing a range of special effects allow the director to best accomplish their vision?
vonpusing21
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:34 pm
judedominguiano wrote:what is the cheapest camera you can suggest in doing cinematography?
for me i think that the cellphone camera is the cheapest camera we can you. skl HAHAHA
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://sisonjustin.forumotion.com

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:48 pm
vonpusing21 wrote:
judedominguiano wrote:what is the cheapest camera you can suggest in doing cinematography?
for me i think that the cellphone camera is the cheapest camera we can you. skl HAHAHA

yes, cellphone camera can be use make a film, as long as it can satisfy the need of the film
jheraldnotarte
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm
vonpusing21 wrote:How does utilizing a range of special effects allow the director to best accomplish their vision?
good question
jheraldnotarte
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:52 pm
how does CGI affect the overall impact of the film to the viewers
jheraldnotarte
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:54 pm
jheraldnotarte wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:How does utilizing a range of special effects allow the director to best accomplish their vision?
good question
Although most visual effects work is completed during post-production, it must be carefully planned and choreographed in pre-production and production. A visual effects supervisor is usually involved with the production from an early stage to work closely with the Director and all related personnel to achieve the desired effects.

Practical effects also require significant pre-planning and co-ordination with performers and production teams. The live nature of the effects can result in situations where resetting due to an error, mistake, or safety concern incurs significant expense, or is impossible due to the destructive nature of the effect.
jheraldnotarte
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:26 pm
What is the Mechanical effects in a film?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:48 am
jheraldnotarte wrote: What is the Mechanical effects in a film?
Mechanical effects encompass the use of mechanical engineering to a greater degree. Cars being flipped and hauled over buildings are usually an effect built on specialized rigs and gimbals such as in movies like Unknown.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:49 am
jheraldnotarte wrote:how does CGI affect the overall impact of the film to the viewers
CGI can be a powerful tool in editing because it can make a scene more realistic .
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:09 am
Admin wrote:
Mechanical effects encompass the use of mechanical engineering to a greater degree. Cars being flipped and hauled over buildings are usually an effect built on specialized rigs and gimbals such as in movies like Unknown.
also
This includes the use of mechanized props, scenery and scale models, and pyrotechnics. Making a car appear to drive by itself, or blowing up a building are examples of Mechanical Effects.
jheraldnotarte
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:11 am
Admin wrote:
jheraldnotarte wrote:how does CGI affect the overall impact of the film to the viewers
CGI can be a powerful tool in editing because it can make a scene more realistic .
but how can you consider the use of CGI if it will surely fit to a specific scene ?
judedominguiano
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:49 am
vonpusing21 wrote:
What phone then?
judedominguiano
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:51 am
jheraldnotarte wrote:
Admin wrote:
but how can you consider the use of CGI if it will surely fit to a specific scene ?
I think for unattainable graphic purposes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:56 am
judedominguiano wrote:
jheraldnotarte wrote:
Admin wrote:
for instance you were creating a documentary film , we don't need to apply much CGI to the film. you need to consider the strength of your film in having CGI
prljwlldnr
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 am
judedominguiano wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:
What phone then?

I think it depends on the quality of the cellphone camera.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:02 am
judedominguiano wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:
What phone then?
every phone can be use as long as it has camera in it. but of course it you have bad camera installed in your phone don't expect that the film you were creating can be a good film in terms of camera shots
jheraldnotarte
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:09 am
Admin wrote:
judedominguiano wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:
What phone then?
every phone can be use as long as it has camera in it. but of course it you have bad camera installed in your phone don't expect that the film you were creating can be a good film in terms of camera shots
I try making a short film using an Iphone's Camera , it turns to be good output because the camera has many effects that can be useful in making our short film
jheraldnotarte
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:14 am
Admin wrote:
judedominguiano wrote:
jheraldnotarte wrote:
Admin wrote:
for instance you were creating a documentary film , we don't need to apply much CGI to the film. you need to consider the strength of your film in having CGI  
I've watch documentary film , and I noticed that they don't use CGI effects on it.
vonpusing21
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:43 am
jheraldnotarte wrote:
Admin wrote:
judedominguiano wrote:
jheraldnotarte wrote:
Admin wrote:
I've watch documentary film , and I noticed that they don't use CGI effects on it.
share mo lang ? HAHAHAH joke lang . Very Happy Very Happy
documentary film's topic is the real happenings in the community
cerozero
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:37 am
vonpusing21 wrote:
jheraldnotarte wrote:
Admin wrote:
judedominguiano wrote:
jheraldnotarte wrote:
Admin wrote:
hahaha laptrip ka von Very Happy Very Happy di mo naman kilala yan
kashiro925
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:40 am

This includes the use of mechanized props, scenery and scale models, and pyrotechnics. Making a car appear to drive by itself, or blowing up a building are examples of Mechanical Effects.
kashiro925
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:42 am
cerozero wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:
jheraldnotarte wrote:
Admin wrote:
judedominguiano wrote:
jheraldnotarte wrote:
Admin wrote:
hahaha laptrip ka von Very Happy Very Happy di mo naman kilala yan
it deals with the resolutions of the images presented?
cerozero
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:43 am
is set design a part of Mise-en-scène?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum